Wednesday 16 April 2014

Miaflora Coconut Oil

As you all probably know from previous posts, I mess around and change my hair very often, which results in a lot of damage! (I mean A LOT; my hair has barely grown in the last year because it keeps breaking) I just can’t keep away from the bleach! Due to this, I'm always searching for new products that will give my hair the bit of TLC it deserves to make it feel (and look) a little better. For my birthday, I received a pot of coconut oil that my mum had been given but didn’t use, so passed on to me. 

At first, I didn’t have a clue what it was for. The oil itself is a hard consistency and, because I have acrylic nails, short, natural looking acrylic nails not the long scary ones, I didn’t really fancy digging these into the lump to get the stuff out. 


However, I’m glad I did! One night I was looking at my hair and how terrible the ends looked. I wear my hair in a bun for work and when I take it out it just looks like a birds nest! I was looking through my draws for something to put on it over night to see if that would fix it. A majority of the hair masks I have are either ones you need to wet your hair for or are too liquidy to put in overnight, waking up to a masked covered pillow wasn’t what I wanted! I picked up the pot of coconut oil, and that’s when the light bulb clicked. I dug my fingers in, scooped a lump out, and rubbed it in the palms of my hands which turned it into a normal oil consistency, smothered it on the ends of my hair, popped it in a bun on top of my head and fell asleep.

Well, the next morning it looked like I hadn’t washed my hair in months, and, quite frankly, looked disgusting. First thing I did was showered and washed it off and whilst doing so, I could already feel a difference in my hair. It was so incredibly soft! I had never felt my hair that soft before! I blow dried it and straightened it to see the full effects of the oil. Well, my split ends were a lot less visible (but obviously still there, this isn’t a miracle worker) but they were definitely a lot less obvious. It felt smooth and silky and hardly looked damaged at all! It flowed beautifully and didn’t frizz like the ends normally do. My birds nest was definitely a thing of the past. I have no idea what the oil did but it definitely did something and now, if I know I’m washing my hair the next morning, I smother it on the ends the night before without fail. It’s definitely one of my go to hair products!


I’ve also now tried using it on my skin, because of the nature of my job, my arms and hands get so dry that sometimes the skin splits which is very painful. So I’ve started rubbing the oil into my arms at night and it seems to be doing the trick and soothing the dryness. It’s quite greasy so I only use it at night and not during the day. However, I haven’t used it enough times yet to properly give a critic of how good it really is but my arms are a lot less dry now and a lot less sore so I’m giving it a thumbs up!

My friend also cooks with the stuff! (Obviously make sure the oil you buy is suitable for cooking, I wouldn’t cook with the pot I have!) She was recommended it for her skin and hair from a very nice man in a health food shop. She wanted something to improve her hair and help it grow. He said that eating the coconut oil and using it to cook will help immensely, you know what they say, and goodness comes from the inside out! (Well I don’t know if anyone else says that but it’s starting to be my new motto as I’ve started a new health kick... More on that later!)

So, to summarise, coconut oil, for me, is definitely a must have for dry hair! If you're looking for something to help with brittle ends, I definitely recommend giving this a try!

 

1 comment:

  1. Coconut oil items
    Good quality products at affordable prices. Try it out.
    พิณนารา Brand :
    Pinnara Coconut oil Serum and Pinnara Jasmine Rice Facial Mask

    ReplyDelete