Monday 21 April 2014

Bootea Teatox


Firstly I’d like to apologise for the poor quality of images in this review! I made the mistake of not taking pictures before I started using the product and by the end of the detox the packages didn’t look great and, obviously, were empty! I'm using the pictures I took for my twitter account (@laying_it_bare) before I started the detox as they don’t look too bad. I like to have all the pictures in all my reviews looking the same but this will have to be an exception. It’s a bit of a different review anyway so it sort of works. Anyway, let’s get cracking......

 I don't know if you know but in the world of fitness and health there seem to be a new craze of Tea Detoxes. Having just started a health kick and trying to get a bit fitter I decided to try one of these Teatoxes to kick start my new lifestyle (and to demolish the first few pounds to keep me motivated!).

Bootea caught my eye as I've seen it all over Instagram and Twitter and the results pictures look incredible. I chose the 14 day teatox as I wanted to start small in case 1. It didn’t work and 2. I didn’t get on with it. The 14 day teatox was also cheaper (I think it cost roughly £20 excluding postage) and I didn’t want to spend a lot of money on a teatox to then find I didn’t like it. With this detox package you get 14 morning teabags, which are to be consumed first thing in the morning (or whenever you remember if you forget!) and 7 night teabags which are to be consumed before bed every other night. These night time bags produce a laxative effect which we will get onto a bit later on. I'm going to do this review slightly differently as it’s a big one. I'm going to split it into sections, starting with taste.



Taste: Being someone who drinks a lot of green tea and flavoured teas, I wasn’t worried about not liking the taste. I was expecting it to taste like a herbally green tea, and I was right. The tea has quite an unusual taste but one that I quite enjoyed. It was, as I thought, like a green tea but with some stronger flavours in there. I can’t pinpoint any specific flavours (I’m not great at distinguishing different tastes) but they all complement each other well and if, like me, you drink a lot of different teas anyway, I can guarantee you'll like it. The day and night tea's do taste different to each other because they are made up of different ingredients (listed on the bag of each packet in the pictures below) but they both just taste like herbally teas. If you find them a bit strong (like I did with my first bag) just let it brew for less time until you get the taste just right. 

Morning Tea

Night Time Tea

Night time Laxative effect: This is the one I was worried about when ordering so let’s get it out the way. I'm not one for normally talking about my bowl movements, but I’m willing to do it just this once to give you lovely people an accurate review! Here we go. I experienced absolutely no laxative effects what so ever. In fact I experienced the opposite effect. The day after my night time tea I would not have any bowl movements at all, and this happened with every one of my night time teas. It was generally the same day I would take the night time tea (but during the day before I drank it) that I would have bowl movements, so effectively, every other day. I hope that makes sense! This was better for me as I was worried I’d be running to the toilet every few hours at work (which I know would not have been the case but I’m a bit of a hypochondriac) and with the nature of my job, I can’t do that! I do have irregular bowl movements anyway, so it was just normal for me. On the bootea website it states that the night time bags may produce a few tummy cramps as they clean out the colon, I experienced a few of these but they weren’t bad. It’s just like the little pain you may experience when you need the toilet, but other than that I had no other side effectives which I was pleased with!


Effectiveness: So, I read that as well as aiding weight loss, this tea was also meant to boost energy and decrease bloating and I can definitely vouch for that! I felt a lot more energised during the day and didn't feel tired in the afternoon which I quite often feel, especially when I’m at work. When it gets to about 2 o’clock I start to feel exhausted (mainly due to my job being very physical) but during this teatox I felt really good and managed to make it to the end of the day without having a lethargic hour. I also noticed a difference in my skin. I quite often get breakouts and I didn’t get any during the teatox. This could be due to my healthy eating and increased water intake as well but I definitely think the teatox contributed. I also felt less bloated and didn’t get that sluggish feeling that often comes with being bloated. My tummy wasn’t sticking out as much and I generally felt a lot more energised.


So we've reached the big one, Results: Here's where you get to see my before and after picture, but first, let’s discuss weight loss. During my 14 days I lost roughly 3lbs1/4 which, to be honest, I was a little disappointed with, but, considering I’ve just started my health kick, that's not a bad weight loss for the first 2 weeks! Now, for the picture. Let’s just get this straight, I have a tummy. I'm not thin, I’m not obese, I’m a size 12/14 which I know is normal size and I’m not big by all means but I’m not happy with the way I look either. This is brave for me as I’m usually hiding my tummy away, hence why I’m trying to do something about it! Also, I want to remain anonymous so I’ve blacked out the background as I have pictures up on the wall (I didn’t think about the background when I took the pictures!) Now, considering I wasn’t impressed with the pounds I lost, I was rather impressed with the results I saw in the picture! My tummy is a lot less bloated and doesn’t stick out as much! I can’t believe that that’s just 3lbs weight loss. The night time Bootea might not have produced a laxative effect but it definitely cleaned out my colon and made me less bloated! I was quite happy with the way I looked in the picture (which I hope is clear enough!) I took both the pictures in the morning after going to the toilet but before eating anything, and, I’m sure this is obvious, the before is on the left and the after is on the right. 


Conclusion: So let’s conclude. Overall I think this tea does exactly what it says. It cleans out your colon, gives you a lot more energy, makes you less bloated, helps with weight loss and generally makes you feel better! All though I wasn’t completely happy with my 3lbs weight loss, I think the picture shows for itself that the tea has shrunk my tummy by quite a bit, and my bum too!  I would definitely think about doing this teatox again, even just for an energy boost and bloating decrease! I would definitely recommend this to anyone wanting to start a healthier lifestyle, or just someone looking to detox, especially after all the Easter chocolate I’m sure you're all enjoying! From a tea lover and, let’s face it, addict, I give it two thumbs up!




1 comment:

  1. this looks great! nice review :)
    lets follow eachother! just let me know and I will follow back :)

    - www.angelaah91.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete