Wednesday 15 January 2014

Herbal Essences Bee Strong Strengthening Conditioner


Conditioner. Probably one of the most important products in a girl’s bathroom, well for me it is anyway! Finding the right one for your hair is difficult. I’ve tried so many to find some too heavy, others too light, and very often, ones that do absolutely nothing to the health of my hair. There is nothing worse than getting a new conditioner, using it and drying your hair to find it still feels as dry and brittle as it did before! (Well, I’m sure there are much worse things but you know what I mean!)


A few months ago I decided to try a new conditioner from a well known brand, Herbal Essences. I’ve used their products before to find they have worked really well but, being a bit of a beauty geek, I like to mix it up a bit and try different brands and products.  I had seen this new Herbal Essences Bee Strong Strengthening conditioner advertised by the gorgeous Nicole Scherzinger and, normally I don’t give in to the power of advertising, but her locks are so luscious I just had to try it, and I’m so glad I did.


Apart from the fact that the conditioner smells absolutely divine due to its honey and apricot extracts, it also works incredibly well. The thick, creamy conditioner deeply conditions (ironically) and strengthens the hair. After the first use, my hair felt beautifully soft and silky and I noticed a difference in its strength. As I mentioned before in my Moroccan Oil post (http://www.layingitbare.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/moroccan-oil.html) the ends of my hair have been repeatedly bleached leaving it broken and damaged. Quite often, when brushing, the ends break off and leave me with lovely broken strands all over the floor. However, since using this conditioner I’ve noticed a reduction in the breakage of the ends! When styling, my hair definitely doesn’t break as much and I don’t have as much hair to clean up once I’m ready! It leaves my hair smelling gorgeous and looking much healthier, I’m definitely a fan!


The only bad thing I would say is that, because of the design of the bottle, it becomes hard to squeeze out the product when the bottle is half empty. The front and back bends in meaning there’s nothing for me to squeeze in to get the product out. I generally have to squeeze the outer edges to get some air into the bottle, give it a shake and then squeeze the conditioner out. I have no idea if any of that makes sense, but that’s the simplest way I can find to put it!

Other than that small design issue, the product itself is definitely one of my faves, so much so that I went out yesterday and bought two more bottles of the conditioner and two of the matching shampoo! (Currently on a half price deal at boots!) Definitely a keeper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment