Monday 13 January 2014

Daktarin Aktiv Spray Powder for Athlete's Foot


Something which I think most people would find embarrassing to talk about is sweaty feet. Sounds gross right? Well, as a 21 year old girl, it’s definitely not something I like to admit having. But, unfortunately, having sweaty feet is something I’ve had to suffer with since my early teens. Since starting a new job, I’m on my feet for 6-8 hours at least 5 days a week, in waterproof boots. As you can imagine, my feet get quite hot and don’t get to breath much during that time which I found was making my feet sore and itchy. They were damp for a majority of the time I was working – due to the sweating.  I had developed a mild case of athlete’s foot. It was time to do something. I wasn’t prepared to give up my boots as they are incredible comfortable and perfect for the job, washing dogs at a dog groomers (review on the boots coming soon!).



I asked my mum for some help and she came home with this Daktarin Activ Spray Powder, and ever since, I have had absolutely no problems! The spray contains Miconazole Nitrate, an ‘antifungal’ for treatment, relief and protection from athlete’s foot. The spray is to be applied to the soles of the feet and can also be applied in socks and shoes. I only apply it to the bottom of my feet which works really well for me! My socks are still damp when I get home from work and I often put my boots on the radiator to dry them out for the next day. The first thing I do is change my socks and give my feet an extra spritz of the spray powder, simple. The athlete’s foot has cleared completely and hasn’t returned since! I’m on to my second bottle of the powder and I make sure I have a new bottle in my stocks for when it runs out!


Negatives, well, it hasn’t got any really. Once again I’m struggling to find a negative comment as it does exactly what it says on the tin, well, bottle. Maybe one negative is that it doesn’t stop my feet from sweating, I still come home with wet feet. However, that’s not the point of the product, it doesn’t say anywhere on the bottle that it stops the feet from sweating. I have yet to try spraying the product in my shoes, which could contribute to keeping my feet dryer.

 So, anyone suffering from sore feet due to sweating get to your local pharmacy or supermarket (mum got mine from Tesco!) and purchase this product.  It does exactly what it says on the tin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment