Monday 13 January 2014

Elemis Skin Glow Exfoliating Face Wash


Knowing how to look after our skin is important, but can be stressful when it comes to choosing the correct products. For me, choosing the right exfoliator is one of the most important parts of my skin care routine. My skin can be quite temperamental and I quite often get a few spots (whether that’s due to hormones as I’m only 21 or the rubbish I eat, who knows) so I like to look after my skin. I’ve tried and tested many different exfoliators’ to find some are too rough and some are more like moisturising cleansers. 


The Skin Glow Exfoliating Face Wash by Elemis, I have found, is just right. The face wash is made up of jojoba beads and cherry powder to gently polish the skin and is enriched with mandarin and aniseed to soften and condition. For me, this is perfect. It is light and contains small grains, and, with it being a face wash comes out of the tube more like a liquid than a thick exfoliator making it easy to spread across the face. The small grains take off any dry flakes without being too harsh and irritating my skin. I find exfoliator’s with large grains just don’t do the job well enough, and, usually, there aren’t enough grains to make much of a difference. With this, the grains are small enough and there are enough of them to take off the top layer of grime and leave me with beautifully soft skin! With the mix of different ingredients listed above, the exfoliator smells delicious as well as having many benefits to the skin.


As mentioned before, I like to give a negative to every product, but much like the Moroccan Oil, this product really doesn’t have a negative. The only thing I would say is that the exfoliator is hard to remove from the face when washing it off with a flannel, some of the grains get left behind. To be honest, this is the problem most exfoliator’s have and it’s nothing a splash of water can’t fix! This exfoliating face wash is definitely one of my favourite skin care products, and I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment